Secondary School at Lagoa
Our international Secondary School includes Middle School (ages 11-13) and Senior School (ages 14-18). Here, we future-proof our students, preparing them for iGCSEs and A-Levels while building character, a global mindset, a sense of responsibility, and skills for life.
Secondary school is made up of Key Stages 3, 4, and 5, culminating in the iGCSE exams and A-Levels. Alongside preparing your child for their examinations, our dedicated teachers will equip them with critical skills to become proactive and confident, ready to shape the world.
Why choose Lagoa’s International Secondary School?
Lagoa is a well-respected school with an unmatched curricular offer and a family-community feel. Dedicated teachers provide close personal attention, leading to outstanding student achievements, impressive university destinations, and preparation for an international future.
- All subjects are taught in English by qualified, passionate subject specialists
- We set rigorous academic standards using cutting-edge research to ensure that learning is effective in every classroom.
- Our students are encouraged to achieve the highest qualifications, pursuing success as a foundation for leading fulfilling lives.
- We use globally-recognised assessment practices, and our students achieve qualifications aligned with global standards of excellence.
- Our structured outdoor education programme builds character and resilience, and tenacity
- As part of Globeducate, our students gain unique and invaluable international cooperation and collaboration opportunities.
Middle School students divide their learning day across the four core subjects: English, Mathematics, Science and Portuguese, with French, Geography, History, Art, Information Technology, Design Technology, Physical Education, Drama and Music in Years 7 and 8.
In Years 10 and 11, students prepare for Cambridge and Edexcel iGCSE examinations in a variety of compulsory and optional subjects. In addition to compulsory subjects, students can choose from a broad range of additional courses. Please contact the admissions department to learn more about course offerings.
The curriculum in Years 12-13 embraces the English AS and A-Level programme, offering a wide range of academic subjects. Students are supported in their choices by their class tutor and subject teachers. Typically, two to four AS subjects are studied in Year 12, and two to three A-Level subjects are studied in Year 13.
Nobel students receive high-quality, accurate and personalised advice and guidance for their university and career choices before graduation, so they are well-prepared to make the right decisions about their futures.
Nobel students achieve highly. They leave us tolerant, assured, and bright. Many go on to study at top universities worldwide, such as the University of Oxford, UCL, Imperial, Edinburgh, Universidade de Lisboa and Norwegian Business School. All graduates are global citizens able to play a part in shaping the world.
90% A* - C at iGCSE compared to the UK’s 77%
A Level results rising to 87% A* - C and 99% pass rate.
All students will sit end-of-year examinations in May or June. During this period, students will have a specific timetable. The week before the exams, students will have lessons for exam preparation, and homework will be revision.