Shaping the World
Our mission is for students to Shape the World and we use the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals as a blueprint to provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to help create peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future.
United Nations Agenda for Sustainable Development
The 2030 Agenda is ambitious, addressing 17 goals for sustainable development to end poverty, improve health and education, reduce inequality and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.
Shaping the World at Nobel Algarve
Shaping the World is a three-year educational project during which students are inspired by the common vision for humanity.
The three themes students will follow are:
· Promotion of personal and social well-being
· Issues related to the functioning of societies
· Environmental issues.
These themes are promoted through many activities including the Youth Municipal Assembly, Youth Parliament, Model United Nations, Eco Week and our work with the WWF.
1st Year (2021 - 2022)
- Goal 3 - Quality health and well-being
- Goal 5 - Gender equality
- Goal 10 - Reduced inequalities
- Goal 14 - Life below water
- Goal 15 – Life on land
Goal 6 – Clean water and sanitation
2nd Year (2022 - 2023)
- Goal 1 – Eradicate poverty
- Goal 9 - Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Goal 13 - Climate action
- Goal 7 – Affordable and clean energy
3rd Year (2023 - 2024)
- Goal 2 - Eradicate hunger
- Goal 8 - Decent work and economic growth
- Goal 16 - Peace, justice and strong institutions
3rd Term (Ecological footprint)
- Goal 12 - Responsible consumption and production
- Goal 11 – Sustainable cities and communities